Heart in art


During my not so long and not precisely fulfilled and well organised and active life, I found heartbreaks extremely useful. And by heartbreaks I mean all situations that happen to a random mid-twenties (oh how I lie.. late-twenties) girl that can upset her and/or make her shed a few tears, be it a real life breakup, imaginary life issues or just whatever I think or suppose or believe had hurt me, although it just might not be really the way I think it is. And these are all useful in giving a boost to my other, artistic, gentle self.

Whenever my feelings get hurt, or my emotional life fails, or just.. how to explain it.. I don't get a chance to show my feelings, I write or paint. Or scream out loud random Serbian swear words ( God, we have so many of these) to my own mirror reflection. Not so creative, must admit, but refreshing and liberating it surely is.

And I find it surprising how calm I am while writing or painting, though moments before I was most likely freaking out, with a storm of unspoken inside me. ( Also storm of hits and bites and punches, with just a touch of clear and calm common sense that never ever manages to force me to count to 10 before I go crazy).

And then I grab my notebook and all the passion and anger just fade. I wish I could say they change their form from meaningless emotion into a written/painted masterpiece, but honestly they only make a mediocre prose or painting. But still they are good. Especially when compared to my 2 year old nephew's work of art.

Still it is all well. There is no improvement without practice, and no practice without inspiration. And no, I am not asking for more heartbreaks. I just found a way to use them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

It's all about my whining and complaining here. I do that. A lot. Emptying your heart helps clear head. And people get to understand you better. And avoid repeating same mistakes you made. Or laugh at your naivety. Either way, am glad I could help.

About Me

My Photo
Me Lena
Just me. Several versions included in the original package. You can and are most welcome to meet the Nice, Friendly, Confused, Serious, Silly, Teacher, Dreamy and Still-Optimistic-No-Matter-What Me, though they don't appear much lately at this weird family reunions. Others I really wouldn't recommend..
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men