I have just a few relatives here in my home place, and we are all very close due to that fact. They are mainly from mom's side of family. Dad's family is mostly from and in Montenegro. So my two closest relatives after my brother are my two cousins, sons of my maternal uncle, boys aged 18 and 16.
On 2nd of April is the older one's 18th birthday. And that is one hell of important day here. That is when you turn to adult. Well, legally you do, what goes on in your head is a different story alright. I am still far away from that moment and really happy for that.
Last night he called pretty late to ask me accompany him today all bloody morning and help him arrange all for the party. And main reason for this is a law here, where a young, fresh driver cannot drive without a supervision of someone who owns driver's licence for at least 4 years. And well, you cannot expect a young man to ask his dad to go with him. No ways.
So I accepted and went to bed same moment. Needed to get up really early. But of course, got my headache back. Just cannot get rid of headaches for past week or so. And I fell asleep around 4 this morning.
And just few short hours later, he storms into my room screaming ''Get up lazyass, we are in a serious hurry here!''
Allrighty. Here we go.
''Hold on dear, lemme just pick up my body parts n we are on our way. Now go tell your aunty to make us some coffee''
-''No time for coffee, we will have coffee in town somewhere, COME OOONNN!!''
Damn.
Alright.
So I get up, eyes still closed and crawl to the closet to pick up some clothes. And I forgot to mention me and my sister in law sometimes borrow each others clothes. Just like two little girls. She borrows my 'serious' stuff for serious and official occasions, and I borrow hers for well.. walks with friends. She is all girly and pinky and shiny type of girl so.. You can imagine her stuff.
I grabbed first stuff I reached and went to take shower. Still sleepy, no coffee to wake me up, I somehow managed to get ready in 10 minutes and we were on our way.
Half way to the town, some 3 kms, he tells me main entrance to it, the bridge, is closed for some works. I suggested taking some of other 3 possible ways, but he insisted we leave car some 1 km away before town because it is the shortest way and his car is in pretty bad condition so he is scared to go in the town since it is Saturday and road repair in progress so police will be more present than on any other day. Ahh alright, as you wish.
And we did as he wanted. So, finally almost awake, I found myself walking, actually running trying to catch up with my cousin. Oh and did I mention that this boy is 6 ft 6 (202cm) tall and still growing? God knows where he will stop. And I am 5 ft 3 (164cm), the shortest offspring of my entire family, so obviously my legs are significantly shorter. And, since we were in a hurry, he was walking really fast. And talking to himself, thinking he is talking to me, only realizing I am far behind when he wouldn't get a response, so he would stop and wait. You can tell we are related, indeed.
So half running half walking, trying to catch my breath, I became aware I am not wearing a bra. And I am actually wearing my sister in law's pink T-shirt with Minnie Mouse application all over it, with no makeup whatsoever, not even some protection for my hypersensitive skin and sun is shining like crazy, so I am turning red and face already burns, and I am wearing my tights and sneakers, and I obviously forgot to wear socks. To cut it short, I look like hell. I wouldn't ever leave my room looking like this, let alone go book a cafe and DJ for the party, and shop entire morning.
Well there was no way back, so I was just 'ah what the hell, as if I care' and continued running.
After we finally reached our first destination for the day, and successfully completed the task, I started caughing like crazy, in the middle of the street, as the consequence of early morning run and few months of just sitting and sleeping. I was on the verge of throwing up, with people staring at me and wondering what the hell, and who the hell pukes in the middle of the street, at 8 am on Saturday.
Yes I was embarrassed. Very much so, thank you. But decided to just ignore all and continue.
Still running behind the silly boy, I was thinking ''Well here I am now, running like an idiot, my boobs bouncing loose, my hair all messed up, face red and irritated, and I am actually feeling OK. I don't care much. And so far only bad thing was that nearly-puking incident, but even that is just fine. I am finally growing up! I don't care what people think of me! Yeeeeey! When, out of nowhere, my first crush ever appeared in front of me.
Yes I know the unexpected always happens when you least need it, but this was seriously too much for the day.Why? Well..
There is one thing about me. I was not much into boys until my high school, even then I only had 2 crush 'situations', one of them ending really bad and humiliating. And there 'it' was, in front of me, 10 years later.
Why it ended bad? Well, as I said, I was not much into boys. I was 'into' them, with my fists and teeth and claws.. I was a tomboy. And just when I decided it's time I became a girl and started dressing and acting like one, I fell for that boy, one year older than me, handsome like hell and not into me at all. Worst thing was, he found out about it from a talkative friend of mine and he was apparently laughing his brains out about that. Even worse, he publicly mocked me once for it. So I slapped him, got over him slowly and painfully and decided to not ever again even look at another guy. As if that would stand for a long.
Anyways, here we are now, him as handsome as possible, me.. damn it..
I should have seen this coming.
So he says hi and I stare at him, my brains going ''What to do what to do what to do'' and it just hit me..
Who the hell is he anyway?
So I pretended not to recognise him.
''Umm.... Sorry.. Cannot recall''
-''X. We went to same high school. I was.. Blah blah grade, friends with blah blah..''
''Ohh yea, I remember now!'' Well nice to meet you, X, long time no see. Hows life?''
And it went on and on, all in same cordial and businesslike mood, n then he goes
''Aw it's so nice to see you after so many years, and must say you haven't changed a bit..''
Oh shit.
Here we go all over again.
And, thinking should I punch him again and move on, with my cousin impatiently sending signals we need to hurry, I almost overheard the ending of the sentence
..''still as cute and charming as always''
Dude, are you seriously going to mock me all over again?
''I really liked you back in highschool ok.. But I liked your tomboy phase more than that girly looks one.. So I mocked you. Am sorry. And that slap was an earned one. Ah we were so silly back then, real kids....blah blah..''
Damn it fool, we were 18 and we were not kids and.. wait what? You liked me? Hmm.. Ok...
So I smiled and listened for another minute, then interrupted:
''Hey, really sorry, we are in a situation here, gotta run. But it was nice seeing you again definitely. And well.. I knew you liked me in my tomboy phase. I always knew that. Just..I was over it and you din't like me any more.. So I kinda thought you must be gay or bi.. I was still same person no matter how I dressed.. So I.. teased you too.. pretending I had a crush on you. No hard feelings. We were just kids back then..You aren't gay, right? OK, great seeing you again, gotta run, see ya''
And I kept on running. And smiling. Took 10 years to get that one sorted out, but finally it happened. And really,I am same person no matter what I look like. Even with this.. unusually loose looks today, I was still myself. So day turned to be just great. We managed to finish all we planned in time, I got to sort out something that hurt me long ago.. So much win!
On 2nd of April is the older one's 18th birthday. And that is one hell of important day here. That is when you turn to adult. Well, legally you do, what goes on in your head is a different story alright. I am still far away from that moment and really happy for that.
Last night he called pretty late to ask me accompany him today all bloody morning and help him arrange all for the party. And main reason for this is a law here, where a young, fresh driver cannot drive without a supervision of someone who owns driver's licence for at least 4 years. And well, you cannot expect a young man to ask his dad to go with him. No ways.
So I accepted and went to bed same moment. Needed to get up really early. But of course, got my headache back. Just cannot get rid of headaches for past week or so. And I fell asleep around 4 this morning.
And just few short hours later, he storms into my room screaming ''Get up lazyass, we are in a serious hurry here!''
Allrighty. Here we go.
''Hold on dear, lemme just pick up my body parts n we are on our way. Now go tell your aunty to make us some coffee''
-''No time for coffee, we will have coffee in town somewhere, COME OOONNN!!''
Damn.
Alright.
So I get up, eyes still closed and crawl to the closet to pick up some clothes. And I forgot to mention me and my sister in law sometimes borrow each others clothes. Just like two little girls. She borrows my 'serious' stuff for serious and official occasions, and I borrow hers for well.. walks with friends. She is all girly and pinky and shiny type of girl so.. You can imagine her stuff.
I grabbed first stuff I reached and went to take shower. Still sleepy, no coffee to wake me up, I somehow managed to get ready in 10 minutes and we were on our way.
Half way to the town, some 3 kms, he tells me main entrance to it, the bridge, is closed for some works. I suggested taking some of other 3 possible ways, but he insisted we leave car some 1 km away before town because it is the shortest way and his car is in pretty bad condition so he is scared to go in the town since it is Saturday and road repair in progress so police will be more present than on any other day. Ahh alright, as you wish.
And we did as he wanted. So, finally almost awake, I found myself walking, actually running trying to catch up with my cousin. Oh and did I mention that this boy is 6 ft 6 (202cm) tall and still growing? God knows where he will stop. And I am 5 ft 3 (164cm), the shortest offspring of my entire family, so obviously my legs are significantly shorter. And, since we were in a hurry, he was walking really fast. And talking to himself, thinking he is talking to me, only realizing I am far behind when he wouldn't get a response, so he would stop and wait. You can tell we are related, indeed.
So half running half walking, trying to catch my breath, I became aware I am not wearing a bra. And I am actually wearing my sister in law's pink T-shirt with Minnie Mouse application all over it, with no makeup whatsoever, not even some protection for my hypersensitive skin and sun is shining like crazy, so I am turning red and face already burns, and I am wearing my tights and sneakers, and I obviously forgot to wear socks. To cut it short, I look like hell. I wouldn't ever leave my room looking like this, let alone go book a cafe and DJ for the party, and shop entire morning.
Well there was no way back, so I was just 'ah what the hell, as if I care' and continued running.
After we finally reached our first destination for the day, and successfully completed the task, I started caughing like crazy, in the middle of the street, as the consequence of early morning run and few months of just sitting and sleeping. I was on the verge of throwing up, with people staring at me and wondering what the hell, and who the hell pukes in the middle of the street, at 8 am on Saturday.
Yes I was embarrassed. Very much so, thank you. But decided to just ignore all and continue.
Still running behind the silly boy, I was thinking ''Well here I am now, running like an idiot, my boobs bouncing loose, my hair all messed up, face red and irritated, and I am actually feeling OK. I don't care much. And so far only bad thing was that nearly-puking incident, but even that is just fine. I am finally growing up! I don't care what people think of me! Yeeeeey! When, out of nowhere, my first crush ever appeared in front of me.
Yes I know the unexpected always happens when you least need it, but this was seriously too much for the day.Why? Well..
There is one thing about me. I was not much into boys until my high school, even then I only had 2 crush 'situations', one of them ending really bad and humiliating. And there 'it' was, in front of me, 10 years later.
Why it ended bad? Well, as I said, I was not much into boys. I was 'into' them, with my fists and teeth and claws.. I was a tomboy. And just when I decided it's time I became a girl and started dressing and acting like one, I fell for that boy, one year older than me, handsome like hell and not into me at all. Worst thing was, he found out about it from a talkative friend of mine and he was apparently laughing his brains out about that. Even worse, he publicly mocked me once for it. So I slapped him, got over him slowly and painfully and decided to not ever again even look at another guy. As if that would stand for a long.
Anyways, here we are now, him as handsome as possible, me.. damn it..
I should have seen this coming.
So he says hi and I stare at him, my brains going ''What to do what to do what to do'' and it just hit me..
Who the hell is he anyway?
So I pretended not to recognise him.
''Umm.... Sorry.. Cannot recall''
-''X. We went to same high school. I was.. Blah blah grade, friends with blah blah..''
''Ohh yea, I remember now!'' Well nice to meet you, X, long time no see. Hows life?''
And it went on and on, all in same cordial and businesslike mood, n then he goes
''Aw it's so nice to see you after so many years, and must say you haven't changed a bit..''
Oh shit.
Here we go all over again.
And, thinking should I punch him again and move on, with my cousin impatiently sending signals we need to hurry, I almost overheard the ending of the sentence
..''still as cute and charming as always''
Dude, are you seriously going to mock me all over again?
''I really liked you back in highschool ok.. But I liked your tomboy phase more than that girly looks one.. So I mocked you. Am sorry. And that slap was an earned one. Ah we were so silly back then, real kids....blah blah..''
Damn it fool, we were 18 and we were not kids and.. wait what? You liked me? Hmm.. Ok...
So I smiled and listened for another minute, then interrupted:
''Hey, really sorry, we are in a situation here, gotta run. But it was nice seeing you again definitely. And well.. I knew you liked me in my tomboy phase. I always knew that. Just..I was over it and you din't like me any more.. So I kinda thought you must be gay or bi.. I was still same person no matter how I dressed.. So I.. teased you too.. pretending I had a crush on you. No hard feelings. We were just kids back then..You aren't gay, right? OK, great seeing you again, gotta run, see ya''
And I kept on running. And smiling. Took 10 years to get that one sorted out, but finally it happened. And really,I am same person no matter what I look like. Even with this.. unusually loose looks today, I was still myself. So day turned to be just great. We managed to finish all we planned in time, I got to sort out something that hurt me long ago.. So much win!

0 comments:
Post a Comment